Monday, June 1, 2009

Google Wolf+ T-Shirt and Magic Happens.

The image catalog is enough to blow your mind into yesterday. However, a few weeks ago the whole world's mind was blown when those two words took on a whole new meaning.

Amazon is cashing in on a wolf t-shirt that some reviewers, about 920 as of today, poetically write "You don't put this T-shirt on your torso, you put it on your soul".

It all started a kid named Brian Govern left a very tongue in cheek comment on for the t-shirt reading
"I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me.

I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt."

A few months later www.collegehumor.com got a hold of it. Although this has been building for a few weeks or so (in the viral community sometimes that means it might as well be last year) the t-shirt is EVERYWHERE and still gaining speed.

There are currently nine Facebook pages dedicated to the shirt, a YouTube parody, hundreds of Tweets, content all over Digg and Squidoo, coverage in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times and a recently aired segment on ABC World News. There were 250 internet news articles written about it in the last 48 hours alone.

This is such a success that Amazon is claiming to be selling more than 100 an hour.

Here is a picture from the 125 customer images connected to this item.

The caption below this one reads "Shortly after this picture was taken, that car started."

MAGIC!

Sleepyhead (Wallpaper. Dio Remix Sample)

1 comment:

Some Dude's Birthday said...

The internet has killed culture and replaced it with kitsch.

Now my wolf and eagle shirt collection is a cliche.

Got a Hotmess?

Have you recently drawn on someone's face? Found a hot track? Barfed off a ferris wheel? Made or stumbled upon a great video? Poured gravy down your pants? Interested in advertising?

WE WANT YOUR HOTMESS!

email us at theshow@hotmess.org

If we post it the karma fairy will sneeze in your double gin and you'll feel really good about yourself.

Blog Archive