Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Milk" it Does a World of Good


Wanna learn something new? Well new to me anyway. Going into watching this movie all I had to go on, was a few good reviews, being a Gus Van Sant fan, and thinking that Emile Hirsch is a pretty good actor. I came out of the film, a little smarter, appreciative for the City I live in and really impressed by some fantastic acting. There are moments in the biopic film story of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in the United States, that seem slow and drawn out..but c'mon it's Gus Van Sant. I really liked the quick little stylistic moments that broke up the almost documentry style of filming. Emile Hirsche, Sean Penn and James Franco definitely definitely played roles in this film that make any actor dream to have moments like that. Over all I say go check out this film, it makes you think. I give it 4.5 messes all over your face out of five.

No comments:

Got a Hotmess?

Have you recently drawn on someone's face? Found a hot track? Barfed off a ferris wheel? Made or stumbled upon a great video? Poured gravy down your pants? Interested in advertising?

WE WANT YOUR HOTMESS!

email us at theshow@hotmess.org

If we post it the karma fairy will sneeze in your double gin and you'll feel really good about yourself.

Blog Archive