Monday, January 26, 2009

Recession Rock

When Weezer and Oasis start touring together you know times are tough.
http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2008/12/weezer-update.php

According to my friend Kheav we will see more and more unlikely double bills in the future and can now refer to this phenomenon as RECESSION ROCK. (Pictured: Me and professional roadie Henri H.M.C. McFuncow)

Big names with completely different sounds combining forces to bring you the concert goer the most bang for your buck.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Like Oasis and the Black Crowes I could understand but never in my life have I been all "I need to make a mix tape with BUDDY HOLLY on it! Then what I'll do see is I'll put WONDERWALL right after it. I'll play the tape in my '87 Bronco 2 on the way to the concert and my friends will think it's totally sweet. They'll appreciate the time I put into it and I'll blow their minds when they hear the transition from WHAT'S THE STORY ( MORNING GLORY) into HASH PIPE. Maybe we'll roll down the windows and sing along real loud and let the world know that we wished the 90's never died." I miss my Doc Martens.

My WEEZER interview from Urban Rush


Peace. Jay

No comments:

Got a Hotmess?

Have you recently drawn on someone's face? Found a hot track? Barfed off a ferris wheel? Made or stumbled upon a great video? Poured gravy down your pants? Interested in advertising?

WE WANT YOUR HOTMESS!

email us at theshow@hotmess.org

If we post it the karma fairy will sneeze in your double gin and you'll feel really good about yourself.

Blog Archive