Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chris Cornell going strong

So I went to check out the Chris Cornell show at the Commodore tonight. I was as big a Soundgarden fan as every skinny 15-year-old skater kid in Airwalks was in the mid 90s, but I admit I hadn't been following his career as closely lately.

I had this dream a few years ago where he became the lead singer for Rage Against the Machine, except that they weren't called that anymore and they didn't do songs about American military and financial imperialism or use the waa-waa pedal much. So while that was probably just my weird imagination, this concert was for real, and ol' 4-octave Chris was back to stomp around the stage and wail at the rafters. Dude's still got it, and he even busted out "Spoonman" and "Black Hole Sun".

Photos by Graham Cook.

No comments:

Got a Hotmess?

Have you recently drawn on someone's face? Found a hot track? Barfed off a ferris wheel? Made or stumbled upon a great video? Poured gravy down your pants? Interested in advertising?

WE WANT YOUR HOTMESS!

email us at theshow@hotmess.org

If we post it the karma fairy will sneeze in your double gin and you'll feel really good about yourself.

Blog Archive