Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Results are in!

I bet you wondered if I would leave you hanging in World Beard Championship suspense from last week's post. I wouldn't have dared - mostly because I couldn't have kept this Internets gold to myself without imploding with smirky laughter.

Behold the Overall World Champion for 2009---- DAVID TRAVER from the USA


















His victory bio summary was the crowning achievement of the evening.

"Traver, who is 43 and works as a driver for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, got into facial hair competition locally about 10 years ago with the Mr. Fur Face competition during Fur Rendezvous. After that, he got involved with the South Central Alaska Beard and Moustache Club, which bid to bring the international championships to Anchorage this year — beating out Liechtenstein. He dedicated his win to his father, [also named] David Traver."

Why do the cliche movie style "U.S.A... U.S.A" chants keep ringing in my ear on this one? I imagine it was a very patriotic moment. Especially since he beat out my beloved Karl-Heinz Hille I from Germany. Hille did manage to take home silver.

Here is a clip of all the category winners.

No comments:

Got a Hotmess?

Have you recently drawn on someone's face? Found a hot track? Barfed off a ferris wheel? Made or stumbled upon a great video? Poured gravy down your pants? Interested in advertising?

WE WANT YOUR HOTMESS!

email us at theshow@hotmess.org

If we post it the karma fairy will sneeze in your double gin and you'll feel really good about yourself.

Blog Archive