Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Let's go watch some TV on the Radio

TV on the Radio did the Malkin Bowl Monday night. I love this band, and I love Kyp Malone's beard. Remember Ambrosia's beard post from a few days ago? If I could have any beard, it would be Kyp's. I would need a wig for full Kypness, though.


Anyway, the show was fantastic. They have a pretty moody sound that came through live, but they also keep it danceable. They did a sick version of "Staring at the Sun," one of my favourite TVotR songs, that was more upbeat but still awesome. The lead singer, Tunde Adebimpe, is almost as much fun to watch as his name is to say. He has got a decent pair of James Brown legs that he works.

I know I'm ready for some summer outdoor shows now.

Photos by Graham Cook.

No comments:

Got a Hotmess?

Have you recently drawn on someone's face? Found a hot track? Barfed off a ferris wheel? Made or stumbled upon a great video? Poured gravy down your pants? Interested in advertising?

WE WANT YOUR HOTMESS!

email us at theshow@hotmess.org

If we post it the karma fairy will sneeze in your double gin and you'll feel really good about yourself.

Blog Archive